Hello, there! Are you a marketer, who just got the not-so-simple task of website localization? You are in the right place. Well, the truth is ugly… you can either:
1) wonder why this responsibility has weirdly fallen you
2) start to prepare, plan, execute and win.
That’s the only thing that is worth doing, after all! And don’t worry, even if you are at the complete beginning of your l10n adventure or you are slowly getting to this ‘I know the stuff’ level, we have created something that will help you effectively implement translations.
Yes! It’s a digital, colourful, interactive, easy to play and learn Localization Course For Marketers. You have the mentor, you have 1:1 sessions, you get the certification, you have everything explained and in the end, you know how to start and how to continue with the full l10n execution plan, that’s in short.
And in details, what will you learn?
You will learn:
-how Language Service Providers operate
-how to integrate a Translation Supply Chain into daily marketing operations
– showcase technical SEO-related nuances of multilingual websites
-how to keep it all under control on a limited budget by using a dedicated Translation Management System.
After the course, your Mentor will evaluate your setup and grant Certification based on a short interview.
Assets? You will be granted free, fully featured Text United account, learning community forum, localization budgeting template and How to become a translator eBook. Sounds good?
Probably yes, but think not only about the task given to you but about the fact that you will really expand your strategic competencies by adding ‘Website Localization‘ to your skills.
This course will consist of 15 short lessons. Take a look at the specified plan below:
Lesson 1: Introduction
- Why Translate my Website at all? Doesn’t everyone speak English?
- 1:1 Benefits of Website Translation
Lesson 2: Prioritizing: Languages, Content Types
- Joining the global community: languages
- Content Selection: 3 approaches
Lesson 3: Planning and Execution: KPIs and expected Outcomes
- How to execute Website Localization Strategy?
- Marketing KPIs vs. L10N KPIs
- Your Project Scope
Lesson 4: Selecting a Language Service Provider
- A translation agency or what? Who do you need for website translation?
- TMS, CAT Tools and the people: Putting the team together
Lesson 5: Over-the-air, file-based, GitHub-based l10n
- How are websites made and maintained?
- Over-the-air translation
- file-based translation
- Git-Hub-based localization
Lesson 6: Planning Ahead for Content Updates
- Continuous Translation
- Translation Memory
- Continuous Integration
Lesson 7: Using a Translation Management System
- Workflow organization
- Built-in toolkit
- CAT Tools
Lesson 8: Continuous Translation for Crawler & Snippet
- Crawler and Snippet Setup
- Language Selector
Lesson 9: Overlay Editor vs. Traditional CAT Tools
- Traditional CAT Tools and the ‘Industry Specific Way’
- Overlay Editor and Translating in context
Lesson 10: How does L10N affect SEO?
- L10N vs. SEO vs. DOMs
- Subdomain vs subdirectory
Lesson 11: HTML considerations for even better SEO
- Unique URL structures
- L10n related markups
Lesson 12: Continuous translation as seen by search engines
- 10 ways to keep the app translation proof
Lesson 13: Business Dictionaries, terms and definitions
- Dictionary Integration
- Review Comments
Lesson 14: Implementing creative writing and transcreation
- Multilingual management system
Lesson 15: RTL languages, non-latin alphabets and typography
- The problem of inversion
- Native look and feel to the website